WHO WE ARE
At Mayday Social Work Consultancy, we have a highly experienced team who specialises in helping children social care to improve practice. We are all passionate about changing things when they are not working effectively. Our team is headed by Elaine Nembhard, a Qualified Social Worker and Trainer with a strong background in service development and improvement.
Our passion is making things work better, finding tangible solutions to resolve problems, so our work concentrates on finding solutions to some of the main issues that social workers, their employers, children, their families, and Ofsted have identified.
Here are a few problems we aim to eliminate!
For social workers
- Social workers are spending approximately 60-80% of their time on administrative tasks and therefore less time on meaningful social work with children and their families.
- Not enough time to spend getting to know the children, get their views, feelings, and wishes or to carry out direct with work children but social workers are expected to have captured “the voice of the child” or their work will be judged negatively.
- Difficulty completing work due to high caseload, competing priorities leading to social workers feeling inadequate or labelled ineffective.
- No work life balance due to social workers working excessive hours to meet statutory requirements and keep on top of their workload.
- High caseloads.
- Workforce instability through inability to retain skilled, experienced social workers and newly qualified (AYSE).
- Inability to evidence good social work practice and better outcomes for children and their families.
- Poor reputation among social workers therefore unable to attract permanent staff.