Mayday’s “What About Me” programme is a 6-week group intervention for fathers to help them understand the impact of destructive parental conflict on the children. Our trainers facilitate a ‘Train the Trainer’ programme that will enable participants to deliver the intervention.
The programme encourages fathers to understand the impact of parental conflict on their child by viewing things from the child’s perspective. It also highlights the importance of the father’s role in their child’s life and how they can promote a sense of well-being and confidence in their child.
The aims and outcomes of the programme are, but not limited to:
• Helping fathers to understand how destructive parental conflict affects the co parent relationship.
• Supporting fathers to understand the impact of parental conflict on their child.
• Importance of fathers in a child life
• Protecting their child from exposure to Child Adversities
• Teaching fathers to recognise the signs of Child Trauma.
• To help fathers promote constructive communication with the co parent and the child.
• Empower fathers to increase empathic responses to their child