This course helps practitioners to learn about Ethnographic Interviewing and develop Ethnographic Interviewing skills to undertake assessments with ethnically diverse families. Our training course will help practitioners to:
– Understand the principles and goals of Ethnographic Interviewing
– Learn how to put Ethnographic Interviewing techniques into practice
– Use Ethnic Interviewing skills to engage and gather meaningful information from ethnically diverse clients
– Understand how various communication styles and use of authority (including his or her own) may foster or inhibit communication with families and colleagues.
– Understand and appreciate the experiences views of people from diverse cultures
– Develop skills to be a more culturally competent practitioner who values and respect cultural differences and is conscious of the fact that these differences have an impact on interventions and outcomes.